Support for children
The most significant part of Foundation’s work is helping children fight cancer. Our Children and Family Support Department carries out this mission. The department mainly takes care of:
– procuring medicines to children or pediatric oncology units to get necessary medication on schedule;
– purchasing medical equipment and reagents for hospitals, renovating facility premises. Improving health proffesionals’ working conditions and quality of medical care.
Thus, children get a chance to be in comfortable conditions, and their families get an opportunity to spend most of the time with them;
– arranging treatment overseas that is unavailable in Ukraine; in particular, Tabletochki funds examination, therapy, and accommodation costs for the family during the entire treatment period;
– ensuring comfortable and age-specific conditions for in-hospital treatment, organizing leisure and recreational activities, as part of a contribution to children’s development and well-being, with the help of volunteers. Disease should not take a happy childhood away;
– renting accommodation for non-resident families. After hospital discharge, non-resident families are advised to stay in Kyiv for a while so that the child can keep on being systematically examined. As all family resources are already spent on treatment, the Foundation rents housing for them near the hospital;
– providing all necessary medicines, supplies, financial and psychological support as part of the Palliative Care Program to reduce their suffering and make their life as comfortable as possible;
Every year we host a big Childhood Cancer Survivors’ Day, where friends, volunteers, doctors, and Ukrainian celebrities get together with childhood cancer survivors and their parents to celebrate the most valuable thing ‒ the Life.