Support for children
The most significant part of Foundation’s work is helping children fight cancer. Our Program Department carries out this mission. The department mainly takes care of:
– procuring medicines to children or pediatric oncology units to get necessary medication on schedule;
– purchasing medical equipment and reagents for hospitals, renovating facility premises. Improving health proffesionals’ working conditions and quality of medical care.
Thus, children get a chance to be in comfortable conditions, and their families get an opportunity to spend most of the time with them;
– arranging treatment overseas that is unavailable in Ukraine; in particular, Tabletochki funds examination, therapy, and accommodation costs for the family during the entire treatment period;
– ensuring comfortable and age-specific conditions for in-hospital treatment, organizing leisure and recreational activities, as part of a contribution to children’s development and well-being, with the help of volunteers. Disease should not take a happy childhood away;
– renting accommodation for non-resident families. After hospital discharge, non-resident families are advised to stay in Kyiv for a while so that the child can keep on being systematically examined. As all family resources are already spent on treatment, the Foundation rents housing for them near the hospital;
– providing all necessary medicines, supplies, financial and psychological support as part of the Palliative Care Program to reduce their suffering and make their life as comfortable as possible;
Every year we host a big Childhood Cancer Survivors’ Day, where friends, volunteers, doctors, and Ukrainian celebrities get together with childhood cancer survivors and their parents to celebrate the most valuable thing ‒ the Life.