Help for children
Today, children with cancer are caught between two wars. The most significant part of Foundation’s work is helping children fight cancer.
What we do:
– procuring medicines to children or pediatric oncology units to get necessary medication on schedule, we pay for examination, diagnostics;
– providing professional psychological support to families during and after complex treatment of a child;
– providing psychosocial support after treatment — we organize group activities for children and teenagers, as well as for parents and the whole family. These events are therapeutic and aim for psychoemotional rehabilitation and socialization. We organize children’s and teenagers’ clubs of comfortable communication “Barrel of lemonade” offline in Kyiv and Lviv and online, where we help children to adapt and socialize after a long treatment;
– ensuring comfortable and age-specific conditions for in-hospital treatment, organizing leisure and recreational activities, as part of a contribution to children’s development and well-being, with the help of volunteers. Disease should not take a happy childhood away;
– renting accommodation for non-resident families. After hospital discharge, non-resident families are advised to stay in Kyiv or Lviv for a while so that the child can keep on being systematically examined. As all family resources are already spent on treatment, the Foundation rents housing for them near the hospital;
– providing all necessary medicines, supplies, financial and psychological support as part of the Palliative Care Program to reduce children’s suffering and make their life as comfortable as possible;
– we help with medical evacuation, stay abroad, and translation of medical documents.