The most crucial part of the Foundation’s work is to help children to fight cancer. This mission is embodied by our Department for Work with Families and Care Recipients. In particular, this subdivision of the Foundation:
– ensures targeted procurement of medicines for children or for the departments of pediatric hospitals; therefore, children receive the necessary medications in time;
– purchases medical equipment and reagents for hospitals, renovates premises, improves working conditions for medical staff and patients so that until the last moment the baby was happy and the family spent the whole time with her;
– provides the treatment abroad, which is not available in Ukraine; in particular, it pays for medical treatment, examination and also rents accommodation for the family during their staying abroad;
– together with the volunteers, it arranges comfortable conditions of treatment, organizes interesting leisure and recreation of children, and contributes to their development: no minute of illness should prevent children from enjoying their childhood;
– provides a family in another city with a room in an outpatient apartment. After the discharge from the oncology ward, families have to stay in Kyiv for a while so that the child is constantly examined. At this time, family resources are completely spent on treatment, so the fund rents comfortable housing near the hospital.
– within the palliative program, it provides all necessary medicines, supplies, financial and psychological support to keep the child happy until the last minute.
Every year, we hold a big “Survivors’ Day”, where friends, volunteers, doctors, and Ukrainian celebrities get together with the cancer survivors and their parents to celebrate the most precious thing ‒ the Feast of Life.